The Civil Engineering Technology Program
Determined to produce knowledgeable and skillful graduates in the field of civil engineering technology. Graduates should be able to apply their modern knowledge in the subject towards the construction industry.
This curriculum is intended to produce personnel in civil engineering technology. Graduates of this curriculum will be knowledgeable and proficient in the theory and skills needed to be employed in the field. These individuals will be able to utilize the knowledge they have received and apply them to their careers and/or efficiently resolve issues that may occur in the construction industry. Graduates will also be of high ethics and morality and maintain this high level of ethics in their respective careers. In addition, individuals in this curriculum will be skilled in research and be able to apply their knowledge and convey it to society.
The Objectives of the Curriculum
After completing their studies from this curriculum, students will possess the following qualities:
- Possess the knowledge and capabilities and the abilities to utilize current technology competently. Graduates should be able to efficiently fulfill their occupational duties in the field of civil engineering technology.
- Exhibit a positive mindset in regards to carrying out their duties in the field of civil engineering technology. Graduates will possess high level of ethics and morality and maintain this high level of ethics throughout their careers.
- Possess successful interpersonal skills in working with others in the field. Graduates of this curriculum will have effective leadership skills, are responsible individuals, possess an originality, and are able to resolve issues that may occur in various situations.
- Possess the skills required to analyze numerical data, effective communication skills, and the ability to use the appropriate technology efficiently in order to perform their duties in the field of civil engineering technology.
- Possess the necessary independent study skills. Graduates should be able to exchange their knowledge and experience with others in order to greater personal development and the betterment of society.